Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Oracle

Submission + - Openoffice.org to be given back to community (h-online.com)

An anonymous reader writes: Oracle has stated that the will give back the open source productivity suit to the community. Edward Screven, Oracle's Chief Corporate Architect, said the company intends "working immediately with community members to further the continued success of Open Office."
He said that because there was a "breadth of interest in free personal productivity applications", that the company believed the OpenOffice.org project would be "best managed by an organisation focused on serving that broad constituency on a non-commercial basis".

This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Openoffice.org to be given back to community

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...